03 Oct Yoga on the Green: Reaching New Donors Through Community Events
How can a nonprofit combat an aging donor base and attract new donors? When faced with this challenge, Linear Creative proposed Ohio Cancer Research host a yoga event to reach a larger, younger demographic. Yoga enthusiasts were invited to help support cancer research and honor loved ones affected by cancer by participating in the first annual “Yoga on the Green.” This day of yoga and cancer awareness was open to all ages with a $25 tax-deductible donation with 100% of the proceeds helping fund cutting-edge cancer research in Ohio.
The professional instructor led sessions were interspersed with giveaways, health and wellness exhibitors, and messages of hope presented by cancer survivors. Healthy refreshments were also donated.
Linear Creative was instrumental in the success of the event. From assembling a planning committee to planning the schedule of events, Linear Creative helped direct every detail in between to ensure the event’s success. This included:
- Outreach to yoga studios in the Columbus area by phone, mail, and email
- Developed sponsor and donor lists
- Securing radio, television, and web media promotion
- Obtaining donated materials for giveaways
- Outreach and coordination of vendors for the health expo corridor
- Design of all marketing and promotional materials
- Social media, online, and traditional marketing and advertising
If you’re looking for a unique way to reach a new donor base, let us help you plan your next fundraising event. Linear Creative specializes in nonprofit marketing, fundraising and event planning.